Professor & Head, Department of Cardiology, T.N.Medical College & B.Y.L. Nair Ch. Hospital Mumbai. From 19.10.2004 to till date
Â· MBBS [Nagpur University]
Â· MD [General Medicine] Nagpur University
Â· DM [Cardiology] Mumbai University
Â· As Registrar- 3 Years (GMC Nagpur)
Â· As Registrar- 3 Years (LTMMC Mumbai)
Â· As Assistant Professor - 2 Years and 10 Months, TNMC and BYL Nair Ch Hospital Mumbai
Â· As Associate Professor-4 Years and 5 Months, TNMC and BYL Nair Ch Hospital Mumbai
Â· Professor and Headâ€“ Since Oct 2004, 17 Years And 7 Month, Department of Cardiology TNMC and BYL Nair Ch Hospital Mumbai
Â· Asst. Warden, Undergraduate Hostel, GMC, Nagpur (July 1992 to may 1996)
Â· Barracks Secretary, RMOâ€™s Association, LTMGH (1994 to 1996)
Publications in International Journals
1. Percutaneous retrieval of complicated intravascular devices.Interventional Cardiology.2019;11(1):147-53.
2. A Rare Case of Late Extraluminal Migration of a Drug-Eluting Stent Across the Right Coronary Artery Partially Into the Pericardial Sac in the Right Atrioventricular Groove With Complete In-Stent Thrombosis. JACC. Cardiovascular interventions. 2018;11(17):1779-82
3. Percutaneous coronary intervention in a rare case of Type V dual LAD. Journal of Cardiology Cases. 2018 Nov;18(5):153-55
4. Cystic Hydatidosis of the Heart and Brain. Echocardiography. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-8175.2012.01743.x 2012, Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Article first published online: 14 JUN 2012
5. Metastases of Hepatocellular Carcinoma to the Heart. Journal Article 2012@1349-0222. Journal of Echocardiography 10.1007/s12574-012-0130-4. dx.doi.org Springer Japan 2012-07-01.
6. Double-Orifice Mitral Valve with Bicuspid Aortic Valve. The Journal of Heart Valve Disease; 2011;20:728.
7. Jaccoudâ€™s arthopathy. Lancet. 2013 Jan 3. Pii: S0140- 6736(12)61681-X. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61681-X.
Publications in National Journals
1. Clinical profile of patients with prosthetic valve thrombosis treated with fibrinolysis.
Journal of the Practice of Cardiovascular Sciences. 2018
2. Study of clinical profile, incidence, pattern and atherosclerotic involvement of congenital coronary artery anomalies in adults
undergoing coronary angiography: A study from tertiary care institute in western India.Heart India. 2018 Oct 1;6(4):133.
3. A case of familial hypercholestrolemia with premature coronary artery disease. Heart India. 2018 Oct 1;6(4):133.
4. Submitral Aneurysm: A Rare Cause of Complete Heart Block. Journal of The Indian Academy of Echocardiography and Cardiovascular
Imaging.2018 Sep 1;2(3):179
5. Rocking motion of prosthetic aortic valve on cine fluoroscopyâ€“ a summon of catastrophe.Indian Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Case
Reports.2018 Dec 1;2:S24-6.
6. Successful percutaneous retrieval of unusually knotted temporary pacemaker lead. Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal 18- 2018;
7. A case of mobile right ventricular thrombus with massive pulmonary thromboembolism. Journal of the Practice of Cardiovascular
Sciences 2017; 3:178-80
8. Early detection of a potentially fatal complication of coronary stent implantation using transthoracic two-dimensional-echocardiography.
Journal of The Indian Academy of Echocardiography &
Cardiovascular Imaging. 2018 May 1;2(2):115.
9. RV function assessment by TDI in Patients with acute IWMI with or without RV infarction.Indian Heart Journal. 2014 Nov 1;66:S65.
10.Factors predisposing to recurrent acute coronary syndrome and/or death in early onset coronary artery disease patients. Indian Heart
Journal. 2013 Dec 1;65:S37.
11.Unusual presentation of rare congenital anomaly: Isolated unilateral absence of a pulmonary artery. Heart India. 2017 Apr 1;5(2):92
12.Role of intermittent amrinone infusion in refractory congestive heart failure due to dilated cardiomyopathy. (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 50,
No 6: Nov-Dec 1998)
13.Intracoronary stenting in the elderly: procedural and long-term clinical outcome. (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 50, No 6: Nov-Dec 1998)
14.Intracoronary stenting using long stents: immediate angiographic and six months clinical and angiographic follow up. (Indian Heart Journal,Vol 50. No 6, Nov-Dec 1998)
15.Comparison of balloon mounted stent Vs Bare stenting for coronary stent implantationâ€™s. (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 50, No 6, Nov-Dec
16.Safety and feasibility of primary stenting in acute myocardial infraction. (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 50, No 6, Nov- Dec 1998)
17.Percutaneous Balloon Angioplasty of inferior vena cava stenosis:our experience. (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 50, No 6: Nov-Dec 1998)
18.Direct intracoronary stenting:the TNMC and BYL Nair Hospital experience. (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 52, No 6: Nov-Dec 2000)
19.Intracoronary stenting in the elderly:immediate and long term outcome.
(Indian Heart Journal, Vol 52, No 6: Nov-Dec 2000)
20.Coronary stenting with prolink Combo stent- BYL Nair Hospital experience.( Indian Heart Journal, Vol 52, No 6: Nov-Dec 2000)
21.Percutaneous Transatrial Mitral Commisurotomy in patients with pervious surgical commisurotomy. Indian Heart Journal, Vol 52, No 6:
22.Ostial stenting: our experience. (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 55, No 5: Sep-Oct 2003)
23.Immediate and subacute result with Eptifibatide in primary stenting.
(Indian Heart Journal, Vol 55, No 5: Sep-Oct 2003)
24.Outcome of stenting for acute myocardial infraction in elderly using prolink Combo stents. (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 55, No 5: Sep-Oct
25.Our experience with Eptifibatide for stenting in myocardial infraction.
(Indian Heart Journal, Vol 56, No 5: Sep-Oct 2004)
26. Sidebranch occlusion after coronary artery stenting. (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 56, No 5: Sep-Oct 2004)
27.Multivessel intervention during primary angioplasty. . (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 56, No 5: Sep-Oct 2004)
28.Single center experience with 100 cases of Pronova-Sirolimus eluting stents. (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 56, No 5: Sep-Oct 2004)
29.Angiographic patterns and predictors of in-stent restenosis. (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 56, No 5: Sep-Oct 2004)
30.Intracoronary stenting with glycoprotein IIb/IIIa antagonists in unstable angina and stable angina. (Indian Heart Journal, Vol 56, No
5: Sep-Oct 2004)
31.Immediate and follow up results of Balloon Mitral Valvotomy in patients with systemic and suprasystemic pulmonary artery pressures. .
(Indian Heart Journal, Vol 56, No 5: Sep-Oct 2004)
32.Accelerated streptokinase regime in the treatment of acute myocardial infraction. The Indian Practioner 2006; 59(3):153-8
1.Faculty of Medicine, MUHS
2.Board of Studies, Superspeciality Medicine and allied, MUHS.
3. Bombay Cardiology Society
4. Cardiology Society of India
5. Joint General Secretary, Voluntary Blood Donors Orgnisation (1985)
6. Editor, Reviews, Cardiology Journal.
7. Joint Organizing Secretary, Asia Pacific Interventional Cardiology and 57th Cardiological Society of Indiaâ€™s Annual Conference-2005, Mumbai.
8. Senate member, University of Mumbai
9. Expert on Panel of members for the selection of faculty in Cardiology for Govt. of Madhya Pradesh
10. Expert on panel of members for the selection of faculty in Cardiology for Govt. of Maharashtra.
11. Examiner for D.M. Cardiology at Mumbai University, MUHS & Gujarat University.
12. D.N.B. Cardiology Appraiser for Jaslok Hospital and Medical Research Center & Nanavati Hospital, Mumbai.
13. Vice- president, Heart Failure Society of India.
1. National Merit Scholarshop (1981 to 1987)
2. Bombay University Merit Scholarships (1993 to 1995)
3. Recipient of â€˜Maa Sushilabai Thombre Vishesh Chikitsak
Awardâ€™ (2008) from Prasarbharti.
4. Recipient of â€˜Service to Humanity Awardâ€™ conferred by MCGM & Athesaab (2014).
5. Recipient of â€˜Gunvant Nagrik Puraskarâ€™ (26/7/2014) from â€˜Dada Gaonkar Pratishthanâ€™.
6. Recipient of â€˜Bharat Ratna Maulana Azad Awardâ€™ (Aug 2014) from MPCC.
7. Recipient of â€˜Lifetime Achievement Awardâ€™ in the field of Medicine (Aug 2014) from â€˜SEWA-Social Educational & Welfare
8. Felicitation at the hands of Honâ€™ble chief minister Shri. Devendraji Fadanvis for excellent organization of mega health
camps across the state of Maharashtra. (March 2016)
9. Felicitation at the hands of Honâ€™ble chief Shri. Uddhavji Th